Dear Love INC Community,
What’s the same:
- The Newberg Community Shelter is still in the same house. They have not moved.
- We’re still Love In the Name of Christ, a ministry bringing together local churches and coordinating their vast resources of expertise, talent and time to transform lives and our communities in the name of Christ.
- Our central clearinghouse, where we empower volunteers to receive, screen, clarify, and resource needs from the community is still our essential function.
- Jesus Christ is still transforming lives by unifying the body of Christ and putting Christians smack dab in the middle of the lives of those in our community who are hurting and reaching out for help.
- We occupy professional office space with other neighboring businesses. We’re no longer a central hub for donation drop-offs, due to lack of storage. We’ve been redirecting donations directly to our GAP ministries. This does two things: emphasizes our mission to mobilize local churches and saves donors time and gas money.
- We’re transitioning to being more phone–based as opposed to in-person to increase accessibility to clients. We still accept walk-ins! But, if at all possible, we will make it a priority to schedule appointments. If you make a referral to Love INC, please bear this in mind and encourage folks to call first.
Thank you for your patience as we’ve moved and done our best to communicate these changes. We are excited to see how God will use us in our new space!
“Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own.” – Philippians 3:12
Interim Executive Director