Now that 2016 has come to an end and 2017 just begun, it’s a wonderful opportunity at the turn of a new year to reflect back on all that God has done with gratitude, and look forward in faith on all that God will do in the coming year.
We want to first thank each and every one of you for your generosity during our year-end campaign. We saw our individual giving increase by more than 20% from last year!
While it was a challenge to relocate our offices and experience a leadership changeover, God provided throughout the entire year. For example, we were surprised to learn that our overhead expenditures were actually lower at the new office, which will allow us to help our clients even more.
This is clearly God’s grace and mercy that we have been rejoicing over for the past two weeks. Thank you to everyone who has ensured that this valuable ministry of God not only continues, but thrives through change and adjustment!
As we look ahead to this year I want to briefly share what we hope to accomplish with your continued support. 2016 gave us so many encouraging signs of Jesus Christ at work in the lives of the community members we serve. We hope the following visions will bring that about even more:
- Grow accessibility for clients who are disabled or lack transportation
- Develop better resources to more effectively meet critical needs
- Improve relational connections between churches and clients
- Expand opportunities for volunteers to make a difference in their community for Christ
- Increase the amount of women who receive permanent housing and stable income through our shelter
- Increase the number of students in Relational Ministry who complete the Money Match program and accomplish their $500 matching goal
Please continue to pray and support us so that we can make these goals a reality. We are blessed to live in a Christian community that comes together to share God’s love in such a way that lives are transformed. There is much yet to be done. We are praying that through our organization, Christians will hear and respond to the call to give, to serve, to love and to help their neighbor.